Hiring: Content Writer
Retreat Guru is hiring a content writer
Do you thrive in flexible, creative and mindful environment and have an insatiable drive to write? Are you a content writer wanting to collaborate authentically with a fun team that is making a difference in the world? Join our team to grow and engage your passion for writing and content creation while transforming the retreat/wellness community worldwide.
Our mission at Retreat Guru is for more people to experience authentic retreats and reconnect with their innate wisdom, strength and kindness. We want to help Retreat Centres thrive by providing tools that allow them to run their Retreats as effortlessly as possible.
Why you’d like us
To develop a unique retreat product designed specifically for retreat leaders and participants, you need a seriously awesome team, and that’s what we are. Our international office is based out of Nelson, BC and is home to friendly and mindful individuals that are all super passionate about nourishing an authentic and professional culture – just like our product. At Retreat Guru we balance laser-focused work with having a lot of fun too – including yoga and meditation in the workplace.
Are you looking for a playful, curious and healthy environment with a more guilt-free work life balance? Love nature and wilderness, locally grown and locally made products? You can explore it all in lively Nelson- including a diverse local arts and music scene with authentic fun-lovin’ people. Check this out.
We’re looking for a talented content writer, with experience and an active curiosity in the retreat, travel and wellness space to join our team. Your role will be generating content for our magazine, website and social media channels. Working closely with our growth team, you will source inspiring interview materials and create excellent content. Increasing readership and engagement is a key ingredient to grow our company to the next level.
What would my role as a content writer involve?
Transcribing content for our online travel magazine and Retreat.Guru website
Working with our team to generate effective content for blogs, articles, newsletters, white papers and more
Creating content to be shared on social media platforms
Setting up effective systems for storing and managing audio, video and written source material
- Outstanding communication, writing and grammar skills
- Ability to write in various styles, tones and on diverse topics
- Adept with SEO
- Capacity to work in a fast changing (at times groundless) environment
- Experience in the wellness, travel and retreat industry
Think we might be the team for you?
Run through the scoring sheet and follow the directions below:
- Score +1 if you’ve experience with conducting interviews
- Score +3 if you have 3+ years experience in content writing or copywriting, +5 if you have 5 or more years experience in content writing or copywriting
- Score +3 if you have a degree in journalism, english literature or communications
- Score +3 if you have experience working in the wellness, travel or retreat industry
- Score +1 if you have used either Asana, Slack or WordPress
- Score +2 if you have experience creating video content
- Score +2 if you have more than 5 years experience working within a collaborative team
- Score +3 if your superpower is bringing out the heart of a matter
- Score +2 if you continuously practice and research best practices for SEO content
- Score +3 if you have experience creating, storing and organizing copious amounts of data
- Score (-)4 if you manage daily tasks with your email inbox
- Score +3 if you are intimate with WordPress architecture (themes, plugins, widgets, etc)
- Score +2 if you know basic CSS and HTML
- Score +2 if you love connecting with new people on various social media platforms
- Score +2 if you get a high out of organization and improving systems
- Score +2 if you have gone on retreat yourself
- Score +2 if you have created a social media strategy
- Score +1 if you meditate or practice yoga
- Score +2 if you have spent 5+ years practicing a spiritual tradition of some kind?
- Score +3 if you live in Nelson, BC or can move here. Subtract 50 if you can’t relocate to Nelson BC
- Score +1 if you have started your own business
- Score +1 if you speak another language
- Score +1 if you like downhill mountain biking or hiking
- Score +1 if you smile a lot, even when you have writer’s block or are on a deadline
Your TOTAL Score:
If you scored over 25 points, you may be a good fit. The next step is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your itemized score and some samples of your writing. We will have a look at how you did and if it is a right fit, we will get back to you via email for an interview.
For a score of over 35 points, we’d like to take it further. Send us an email to email@example.com with a copy of your itemized score and samples of your writing. We will connect up with you for tea at our office.
Now, if you scored over 45 points, we want you to send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your itemized score and selection of your writing so that we can pencil you in for an interview. Then stop by our office in Nelson, BC, we would love to buy you lunch and see how you would like to fit into our growing company.