Hiring: On-boarding Specialist
Retreat Guru is hiring.
Do you thrive in flexible, creative and mindful environments? Do you have a personal drive to collaborate authentically with a fun team that is making a difference in the world? Join our team to grow and engage your passion for training and customer service in our start-up software company that’s transforming the retreat/wellness community worldwide.
Our mission at Retreat Guru is for more people to experience authentic retreats and reconnect with their innate wisdom, strength and kindness. We want to help Retreat Centres thrive by providing tools that allow them to run their Retreats as effortlessly as possible.
Why you’d like us
To develop a unique booking software product designed specifically for retreat leaders you need a seriously awesome team, and that’s what we are. Our international office is based out of Nelson, BC and is home to friendly and mindful individuals that are all super passionate about nourishing an authentic and professional culture – just like our product. We balance laser-focused work with having a lot of fun too – including yoga and meditation in the workplace.
Are you looking for a playful, curious and healthy environment with a more guilt-free work life balance? Love nature and wilderness, locally grown and locally made products? You can explore it all in lively Nelson- including a diverse local arts and music scene with authentic fun-lovin’ people. Check this out.
We are looking for a talented on-boarding specialist, with experience in IT and spiritual growth, to join our team. You will be focused on building relationships with retreat leaders and their teams while on-boarding them into our retreat management software: Booking Guru. To do this you will need to uncover their (sometime complex) operational processes and software requirements, providing them with solutions to their needs while training them on the functionality of the software. Your communications with, and management of these customers, during and after they on-board, is a key ingredient for our ongoing customer success and happiness.
What would my role involve?
- Assessing current client operational processes, uncovering challenges and finding solutions that deliver value
- Setting up effective systems in Retreat Booking Guru based on the needs and business model of our customers
- Training retreat leaders and teams how to use our software
- Expediently launching our customers live with our software
- Managing complex and multiple projects at once
- Learning, experimenting and finding better ways of doing things
- Maximizing customer happiness during and after on-boarding through ongoing communications, training and check in’s
- Creating and/or improving our online training materials
- 3 years of project management and/or on-boarding experience
- Excellent technical know-how: understanding API’s, html, and CSS is handy.
- Ability to do website integrations
- Ability to work in a fast changing (at times groundless) environment
- Familiarity with the global retreat community
- A love for problem solving and creative solution building
- Tenacity to help our customers discover the most value from our software
- Knowing when to say yes and when to say no, without sacrificing the relationship
Think we might be the team for you?
Run through the scoring sheet and follow the directions below:
- Score +1 if you’ve experience with customer service, +2 if you have experience with customer service in SaaS/software
- Score +3 if you have 3+ years experience in project management, +5 if you have 5 or more years experience in project management
- Score +3 if you have a MBA
- Score +3 if you have experience working in a customer success role
- Score +1 if you have used either Asana, Jira, Slack or Pipedrive
- Score +2 if you have experience managing data integration
- Score +3 if you have more than 5 years experience working within a collaborative IT team
- Score +3 if your superpower is prioritization and organization
- Score +2 if you continuously research best practices for customer happiness and project management
- Score +2 if you have lead teams in operations and marketing in a start-up phase
- Score (-)4 if you manage daily tasks with your email inbox
- Score +3 if you are intimate with WordPress architecture (themes, plugins, widgets, etc)
- Score +2 if you know basic CSS and HTML
- Score +2 if you love connecting with new people
- Score +2 if you get a high out of training people and improving systems
- Score +2 if you have gone on retreat yourself
- Score +2 if you have created a social media strategy?
- Score +1 if you meditate or practice yoga
- Score +2 if you have spent 5+ years practicing a spiritual tradition of some kind?
- Score +3 if you live in Nelson, BC or can move here. Subtract 50 if you can’t relocate to Nelson BC
- Score +1 if you have started your own business
- Score +1 if you speak another language
- Score +1 if you like downhill mountain biking or hiking
- Score +1 if you smile a lot, even on public transit
Your TOTAL Score:
If you scored over 25 points, you may be a good fit for an entry position. Send an email to email@example.com with a copy of your itemized score. We will have a look at how you did and if it is a right fit, we will get back to you via email for an interview.
If you scored over 35 points, you sound like you are growing into a senior on-boarding specialist. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your itemized score and your Myers Briggs score, so we can see where you shine. We will connect up with you for tea at our office.
If you scored over 45 points, we’ve already pencilled you in for an interview as a senior on-boarding specialist.Send an email to email@example.com with a copy of your itemized score and your Myers Briggs score, so we can see where you shine. Then stop by our office in Nelson, BC, we would love to buy you lunch and see how you would like to fit into our growing company.
"Our communication and efficiency has greatly improved with Retreat Booking Guru now that we have the ability to accept credit cards online and schedule automatic notification emails."
Request a free demo
"Wish we'd found this software years ago!"
Booking Guru Software
Online booking software. Manage your bookings, retreats, rooms, and finances, all in one place.
based on 15 in-depth reviews on Capterra.com.