Hiring: Sales (SaaS)
Retreat Guru is hiring.
Do you thrive in flexible, creative and mindful environments? Do you have a personal drive to collaborate authentically with a fun team that is making a difference in the world? Join our team to grow and engage your passion for sales in our start-up software company that’s transforming the retreat/wellness community worldwide.
Our mission at Retreat Guru is for more people to experience authentic retreats and reconnect with their innate wisdom, strength and kindness. We want to help Retreat Centres thrive by providing tools that allow them to run their Retreats as effortlessly as possible.
Why you’d like us
To develop a unique booking software product designed specifically for retreat leaders you need a seriously awesome team, and that’s what we are. Our international office is based out of Nelson, BC and is home to friendly and mindful individuals that are all super passionate about nourishing an authentic and professional culture – just like our product. We balance laser-focused work with having a lot of fun too – including yoga and meditation in the workplace.
Are you looking for a playful, curious and healthy environment with a more guilt-free work life balance? Love nature and wilderness, locally grown and locally made products? You can explore it all in lively Nelson- including a diverse local arts and music scene with authentic fun-lovin’ people. Check this out.
We are looking for talented sales people, with experience in IT and spiritual growth, to join our team. You will be focused on building new relationships with large retreat centers. You will need to understand their operational processes and software requirements with the goal of on-boarding them into our retreat management software: Booking Guru.
What would my role involve?
- Managing and prioritizing a sales pipeline
- Good questioning practices and listening skills
- Assessing and qualifying leads
- Inbound and outbound sales
- Introducing people to the software during online demos
- Understanding existing client operational processes and creating new ones based on Booking Guru
- Uncovering challenges and finding solutions that deliver value
- Closing business and hitting targets
- Managing client relationships over time
- Grounded and authentic – ability to connect with people around their personal vision and passion
- 2+ years of SaaS/software selling experience
- A deep confidence in the sales process itself
- Technical know-how: understanding API’s, html, and CSS is handy.
- Excellent communication skills and very personable (bordering on adorable)
- Need to be able to do website integrations
- Ability to work in a fast changing (at times groundless) environment
- Familiarity with the global retreat community
Think we might be the team for you?
Run through the scoring sheet and follow the directions below:
- Score +2 if you have experience with a sales team,
- Score +3 if you have 2+ years experience in SaaS software sales and building customer relationships
- Score +2 if you have a degree in either business, project management or organizational behaviour
- Score +2 if you have experience in analytics and conversion tracking
- Score +3 if you have managed your own sales cycle within a CRM system
- Score +2 if you have more than 2 years experience working within a collaborative IT team
- Score +3 if your superpower is diving to the root of technical requests.
- Score +2 if you have lead teams in both operations and marketing in a start-up phase
- Score (-)4 if you manage daily tasks with your email inbox
- Score +3 if you are intimate with wordpress architecture (themes, plugins, widgets,etc)
- Score +2 if you know basic CSS and HTML
- Score +2 if you love connecting with new people
- Score +2 if you get a high out of selling things that you believe in
- Score +1 if you have a favourite font this month
- Score +2 if you have gone on retreat yourself
- Score +2 if your technical and business writing reads like poetry
- Score +2 if you have created a social media strategy
- Score +1 if you meditate or practice yoga
- Score +2 if you have spent 5+ years practicing a spiritual tradition of some kind
- Score +3 if you live in Nelson, BC or can move here. If you can’t relocate to Nelson BC (-)50
- Score +1 if you have started your own business
- Score +1 if you volunteer
- Score +1 if you speak another language
- Score +1 if you hike
- Score +1 if you like dogs
- Score +1 if you like downhill mountain biking
- Score +1 if you smile a lot, even on public transit.
- Score +1 if you enjoy teaching
Your TOTAL Score:
If you scored over 25 points, you may be a good fit for an entry position. Send an email to email@example.com with a copy of your itemized score. We will have a look at how you did and if it is a right fit, we will get back to you via email for an interview.
If you scored over 35 points, you sound like you are growing a talent in sales. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your itemized score and your myers briggs score, so we can see where you shine. We will connect up with you for tea at our office.
If you scored over 40 points, we’ve already pencilled you in for an interview. Send an email to email@example.com with a copy of your itemized score and your myers briggs score, so we can see where you shine and then stop by our office in Nelson, BC, we would love to buy you lunch and see how you would like to fit into our growing company.
Simple Pricing that grows with you.
The only software designed specifically for retreat organizations.Try it free for 14 days. 60 day money back guarantee.
All Plans Include
- Fast & Awesome Support
- Easy Initial Setup
- Intelligent, Personalized Emails
Add These Bundles
I just love, love, love Retreat Guru, you have saved me SO much time and made my life so much easier. I also love the way you guys keep working on stuff and improving it. Stephanie, International Yoga
Our communication and efficiency have greatly improved with Retreat Booking Guru Karin Gingras, Temple of the Way of Light
Retreat Booking Guru is making us more efficient and it is making our administration easier. It is simpler to run reception now; you update things in one place and everything is updated. Swami Shivabhaktananda, Sivananda Canada
All Plans Include
Intelligent, Personalized Emails
Free up time with personalized email templates. We'll send participants all the details they need at the right time.
Seamless Website Integration
Integrate into any website. Showcase programs on your website with our beautiful retreat catalogue that uses all of your fonts, colours and branding.
Guests Can Book Online
Never miss a booking! When a guest is motivated to book they can check availability and reserve online anytime. Take full payment or just a deposit.
Keep Participant Information All In One Place
Provide better service to guests by having all their information in one system. Reduce risk by keeping track of participant health, dietary, and special needs too.
Create Reports On Rooms, Registrations & Finances
Save time & know what's happening using our simple & powerful reporting. At a glance, see who is staying in which room and what program they are attending, which guests have a balance due, or search any of your financial transactions.
Combine Program Attendance With Accommodations
Retreat centers work differently than hotels. We combine program attendance with accommodations to streamline the registration process and save you unnecessary admin work.
Add On Bundles
Sales & Marketing Booster
Attract new participants & increase your revenue with the ability to follow up with abandoned registrations, early bird pricing, discounts, and multiple languages.
- Bundle includes:
- Abandoned registration follow up
- Early bird pricing
- Advanced discount codes
- Multiple languages
Complex Registrations Time-Saver
Streamline your registration processes & save your time. Manage rental groups, block rooms, lightweight POS, multi person registration.
- Bundle includes:
- Multiperson registration
- Block rooms for retreats
- Manage rental groups
- Lightweight POS
Finance & Team Access Tracker
Reduce risk and know more about what's happening at your retreat center. Multiple access levels and permissions, track team activity build price packages, track personal credit.
- Bundle includes:
- Build & track packages
- Manage personal credit
- Multiple access levels & permissions
- Track team activity
Benefit From Our Retreat Ecosystem
SoftwareSaves you time
Streamline your registration and admin processes so you can focus on your guest's retreat experience
Payment ProcessingGet low processing rates
2.85% in Canada, USA & Australia
Interchange + 1% in Europe
Contact us for anywhere else
MarketplaceDiscover new participants
Your event listings display for free on our marketplace helping you attract new participants from a global audience of retreat seekers. Only pay a 14% fee when a guest books and attends a retreat.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the 14 day free trial work?
Get access to all our features to try them out. We'll set you up with our software & a retreat consultant to make it easy. If you decide to buy then your free trial account will become your live account. You won't lose any of your data or your setup.
How many users do we get?
All plans come with unlimited accounts for your whole team.
What counts as a registration?
A registration is 1 guest's stay at your retreat center. Ie. A guest who comes for a 2 day retreat counts as 1 registration. A guest who comes for a 30 day retreat also counts as 1 registration.
Typically registrations are for overnight or multi-day retreats. But, if you have many day-visitors, or often rent out your retreat organization to visiting teachers & their students, weddings and conferences, let us know. This could make your plan cheaper!
What happens if I cancel half way through the year?
Pay yearly risk free:
If you pay a year in advance we will reimburse you for the remaining months left in the year.
If you pay monthly, you'll just stop paying at the beginning of the next month.
What happens if we go over our plan?
If your retreat organization is doing many more registrations than expected this year, Congrats! We will notify you if you're processing more registrations than is part of your current price plan. You'll only be responsible for paying your new price plan after you have been notified. If you sign up for a higher plan, and do fewer registrations than expected, you can move to a smaller plan. We will credit you the plan difference from last year towards this year's plan payment.
Still have questions?
Not sure which plan is right for you?
We asked people why they go on retreat, here's what they said:
Reconnecting with basic goodness in an environment of people who share a vision for a better society. Wimberly
Retreat Guru's Vision
We believe human beings are innately wise, strong and kind. This wisdom, although not always experienced, is always present. Going on retreat is a beautiful way to reconnect to our basic sanity and health. Our aspiration at Retreat Guru is to inspire people to experience authentic retreats and reconnect with their innate wisdom, strength and kindness.